History


Geschichte Allgemeines Bild

1890 Production of building sand at the plant in Haida, near Elsterwerda

1924 Start of production of special sands such as filter sand and gravel, moulding sand, masonry and plaster sand and track sand

after 1945 Take over of the plants in Haida, Kahla, Koschendorf and Saalhausen and merger with the Construction Material Plant in Cottbus (in the former GDR)

1954 Commissioning of the sand plant in Linkenheim through Lang KG

1971 Founding of Silex Normkies GmbH & Co. KG, which included plants in Linkenheim, Hagenbach and Speyer

1990 Founding of ZuS Zuschlagstoffe und Spezialsande GmbH, which included plants in Haida, Kahla, Koschendorf and Saalhausen, with the participation of Silex Normkies GmbH & Co. KG

as of 1991 Modernization of the plants in Haida, Kahla, Koschendorf and Saalhausen

1995 Commissioning of the new silica sand plant at Haida

1998 Certification according to DIN ISO 9001

2001 Takeover of the new raw material deposits in Quedlinburg, submission for zoning approval of drying plant

2005 Merger of Silex and ZUS into WOLFF & MÜLLER Baustoffe GmbH

2005/2006 Set up of a new silica sand plant in Quedlinburg for the production of high-quality silica sand, especially for the glass and foundry industries

2006 Establishment of WOLFF & MÜLLER Minerals Bulgaria, product: vermiculite

2007 Planning of another silica sand plant in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW)

2012 Establishment of a second drying plant in Quedlinburg

2014 New sand dredgers at plants in Haida and Speyer

2015 / 2016 Establishment of a new packaging line in Haida